Mended Hearts’ Strategic Plan
As Mended Hearts grows and adapts to the ever-changing cardiovascular world, the Board of Directors conducts a strategic review of the previous 24 months and determines new goals for the organization. This process is designed to move our organization in a new direction with the goal to reach more patients and caregivers. The 2016-2018 Strategic Plan is the result of a national board planning meeting held in September 2015. The Strategic Plan outlines Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts’ objectives and is designed to be implemented and executed in 36-months to meet these new goals.
The Plan includes six major organizational goals that build on MHI’s solid foundation. The Board of Directors created this strategic plan to strengthen our patient outreach efforts, increase awareness and broaden our patient and family reach. The six major goals are:
Mended Hearts 2016-2018 Strategic Plan
- Goal 1: Mended Hearts has high-impact educational programs that meet the needs of individuals, hospitals, patients, communities and caregivers.
- Goal 2: Mended Hearts has predictable and robust revenue flow from diverse sources, individuals, sponsors, foundations, donors, advertisers and partners.
- Goal 3: Mended Hearts produces relevant, interesting publications that engage and enlighten its many audiences.
- Goal 4: Mended Hearts has an engaged, growing member population, comprised of diverse audiences, including age, race, disease, language, gender.
- Goal 5: By December 2018, double the number of Mended Hearts chapters that are engaged and which offer impactful, virtual and physical support groups
- Goal 6: By Dec 2018, reach a total of 2,000 people in face-to-face conferences with purpose of chapter development and member training
Our current strategic plan serves our mission of: “Inspiring hope and improving the quality of life for heart patients and their families through ongoing peer-to-peer support.” If you have further questions about our Strategic Plan, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.