Mended Hearts’ Strategic Plan
As Mended Hearts grows and adapts to the ever-changing cardiovascular world, the Board of Directors conducts a strategic review of the previous 24 months and determines new goals for the organization. This process is designed to move our organization in a new direction with the goal to reach more patients and caregivers. The 2014/2016 Strategic Plan is the result of a national board planning meeting held in September 2013. The Strategic Plan outlines Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts’ objectives and is designed to be implemented and executed in 24-months to meet these new goals.
This year Mended Hearts celebrates its 62nd anniversary. The Strategic Plan, approved by the MHI Board of Directors on December 10, 2013, recognizes the strong foundation we have built and one that will continue to propel us into the future.
The Plan includes seven major organizational goals that build on MHI’s solid foundation. The Board of Directors created this strategic plan to strengthen our patient outreach efforts, increase awareness and broaden our patient and family reach. The seven major goals are:
- Patient & Caregiver Outcomes- Improve the quality of life for heart patients and their families
- Reach & Retention- Reach more heart patients and their families and retain more of them as long-term MHI and MLH members
- Advocacy- Ensure the patient and caregiver interests are reflected in the legislative and regulatory arenas
- Brand- Increase MHI and MLH brand awareness nationally and in local markets
- Research- Quantify the value of MHI’s and MLH’s programs to patients and caregivers and explore opportunities to increase impact
- Organization- Strengthen organizational capacity and effectiveness at the national, regional, and local chapter levels
- Funding- Empower chapters, members, and families to support MHI and MLH national
Our mission: “Inspiring hope and improving the quality of life for heart patients and their families through ongoing peer-to-peer support.” If you have further questions about our Strategic Plan, you may email us at email@example.com.