Mended Hearts & Mended Little Hearts Advocacy
Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts’ main policy objective is that patients and caregivers have a powerful voice when it comes to making healthcare decisions for themselves or their loved ones. We support advocacy initiatives that promote truly patient-centered care—empowering patients and their families by providing them with the information they need and ensuring they play the central role in the healthcare team.
Patient Advocacy Network
When patients, caregivers and families come together for a common cause—a common mission—they have a Powerful voice. Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts created the Patient Advocacy Network to bring patients, moms, dads, caregivers, children and family members just like you together to give a Powerful voice to the issues that affect cardiovascular patients and their loved ones the most and to provide a voice for those who don’t have one. JOIN US NOW.
If you would like be part of the Patient Advocacy Network, please sign-up here.
Learn more about Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts Advocacy Initiatives:
- Watch these videos to help you tell YOUR story.
- Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts Advocacy initiatives
Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts believes that through dedication and a strong commitment to priorities that affect heart patients across the life-span, our organization can make a difference in the lives of those who live with heart disease. Through careful consideration, the organization has developed five priorities that we feel are important to advocate for. Working with local, state, and federal policy makers, hospital administrators, and other nonprofit organizations Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts will focus our efforts on these topics areas:
Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts Advocacy Priorities
1. Access to innovative cardiovascular disease treatments and devices. Read the official issue brief here.
2. Medication adherence and medication therapy management
3. Promote, ensure access to and expand the use of cardiac rehabilitation
4. Reducing health disparities in congenital heart disease
5. Encouraging innovation in pediatric devices for treatment of congenital heart disease
For a full explanation of the Mended Hearts/Mended Little Hearts advocacy priorities please click here