Our Mission Statement
“To inspire hope and improve the quality of life of heart patients and their families through ongoing peer-to-peer support, education, and advocacy ©”.
“To be the premier nationwide resource and peer-to-peer support network for all heart patients and families affected by Heart Disease across the life span ©”.
About Mended Hearts
Mended Hearts is a national and community-based non-profit organization that has been offering the gift of hope to heart disease patients, their families and caregivers. To offer this hope Mended Hearts provides a variety of programs.
- Mended Hearts is the largest peer-to-peer heart patient support network in the world
- Mended Hearts has been offering hope and support for 69 years, providing more than 230,000 visits each year
- Mended Hearts provides education, support and hope to all types of heart patients and their families
- Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts has 265 chapters in North America, serving 460+ hospitals
Mended Little Hearts
- Mended Little Hearts is the largest CHD peer-to-peer support network in the world
- CHDs are the most common birth defect, affecting nearly 1% of all births in the U.S. – 40,000 babies each year
- Mended Little Hearts works nationally and in communities to provide peer-to-peer support, education, awareness and connect families with needed resources.
- Mended Little Hearts volunteers provide direct support to families through its Accredited Visiting Program and delivering 5,000 Bravery Bags annually.
Get Support Today
Our local community chapters help people understand that there can be a rich, rewarding life after heart disease diagnosis. Members listen, share their experiences and volunteer to talk to other heart patients about what they may face including lifestyle changes, depression, recovery, and treatment.
Mended Hearts volunteers offer peer-to-peer support to patients, family members and caregivers via:
- Hospital Visiting – In person visit from a Mended Hearts volunteer while you are recovering. Find a chapter near you here
- Online Visiting – Email support and connections. Email email@example.com to request a connection
- Phone Visiting – A phone call from a trained visitor to provide a word of hope. Call 1-888-HEART99
- Virtual Connections – Online support via social Networks: Facebook and Twitter
National Health Council
Mended Hearts is proud to announce that we have been accepted for full membership in the National Health Council’s Standard of Excellence Program. As the leader in cardiovascular peer-to-peer support, Mended Hearts continues to strive to be the patient voice of all heart patients and their families. As a member of the National Health Council, Mended Hearts can assure that the patient voice is fully represented in a wide spectrum of health care discussions that directly affect patient care.
The NHC’s Standards of Excellence Certification Program®, goes beyond the requirements of many charity watchdog groups and is unique to the patient advocacy community. Compliance with the Standards is determined by a thorough analysis of each organization’s corporate documents, such as bylaws, audited financial statements, and annual reports, and the completion of an in-depth survey. This review covers organizational governance, human resources, programs, fundraising, finance, accounting, and evaluation of program effectiveness.