- 6 issues of Heartbeat magazine annually.
- Participation in Visiting/Direct Support programs.
- Educational meetings and webinars on a variety of topics.
- Access to private “member” Website.
- Advocacy Opportunities.
- Invitations to Regional and National educational meetings
Always looking to grow our family, Mended Hearts welcomes you to join our cause. You‘ll be able to make a difference in your own health, or help a loved friend or family member through recovery and beyond. You will also interact with other members during local chapter meetings, volunteer opportunities and special events.
It’s easy to join. Simply choose one of two ways:
- To become a local member, contact a chapter within your area to request an enrollment form. Local chapters facilitate our visiting program, organize educational events, host social gatherings, and so much more!
- To become a member-at-large, fill out our online enrollment form. Click here to print a PDF copy of the membership enrollment form, or click here to print a Word copy. Forms can be faxed to the the National office at 214-295-9552 or emailed to email@example.com. Members-at-large receive our magazine 6 times annually and have access to our members-only site.
National membership fees are only $20.00 per person or $30.00 per family. Mended Hearts also offers a lifetime individual membership for $150 or a lifetime family membership for $210. Membership at the local chapters will require additional chapter dues that vary from $3-$20 annually.
Remember, all membership dues are tax-deductible.
To recap Mended Hearts membership benefits:
|Receive Heartbeat magazine||X||X|
|Participate in chapter/group meetings||X||–|
|Participate in visiting programs||X||–|
|Access private “Members” Web site||X||X|
Most important, your membership helps ensure that many other heart disease patients and families receive the support and encouragement they need.
Types of Programs:
As a member of Mended Hearts, you will connect to cardiac patients and caregivers through one of our programs:
Visiting Program – Reaching out with the support of local hospitals, trained volunteers serve heart patients by listening, sharing their own experiences, answering questions and empathizing with the anxieties and concerns of patients and their families. Annually, volunteers make 250,000 visits to patients, family members and caregivers in hospitals, online and by phone.
Chapter Meetings – Many chapters offer regular meetings where heart patients and families receive support in coping with the strong emotions that often accompany diagnosis, treatment or surgery for heart disease. Learning to understand and express their shock, disbelief, anger or frustration is an important step in the patients’ recovery process, and the supportive environment of group meetings provides a forum for these discussions. Chapters also invite healthcare professionals to present valuable information and answer questions.
Internet Visiting Program – Heart patients and Mended Hearts members are now linked over the World Wide Web! Trained volunteers communicate with heart patients through the Internet, using this technology to offer support, answer questions and help them locate resources. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for online support.
Online Support- Our Inspire online community is available to you 24/7 to ask a question, start a journal, respond to someone’s request for support, or simply to read and learn.
1-888 HEART99 – A Mended Hearts operator will direct you to your local chapter representatives. Trained volunteers are here to help answer questions and concerns that you may have about heart disease diagnosis and treatment.
Generational Outreach Programs – Mended Little Hearts is designed to provide support and encouragement to parents of children born with congenital heart defects and heart disease. Individual chapters are also looking at creative ways to reach patients of all ages.