Mended Hearts and Mended Little Hearts Editorial Guidelines
Thank you so much for your willingness to submit an article to the Mended Hearts and/or Mended Little Hearts blog. We greatly appreciate contributions from MH/MLH members and anyone wanting to raise awareness, educate and inspire hope for heart disease patients, their families and caregivers.
Below are a few guidelines that we ask that you adhere to when submitting an article for the blog.
- Blog post length should be between 350-800 words.
- Submit as a Word or Google document. (Please do not submit PDFs.)
- Blog posts must be original content.
- Include the author name and a 2-3 sentence bio at the end of the document. You may also include a headshot for your bio as a separate file.
- Each article should have at least one photo submitted with it (besides the author’s headshot).
- Photos should be landscape/horizontal with a minimum width of 1000px.
- Please do not paste the photo inside the Word or Google document.
- Submit original photos in jpg, png or tiff format.
- Please send the photo as a separate file. File size should be under 10MB (megabytes).
Type of Blog Posts We Accept
- Blog posts meant to raise awareness, educate and inspire hope for heart disease patients, family members and caregivers
- Personal stories about your experience as a heart disease patient, family member and caregiver
- Personal stories about your experience as a MH/MLH member
- Profiles on MH/MLH members, volunteers, donors and employees
- News and/or event profiles related to the MH/MLH cause
Type of Blog Posts We Do Not Accept
- Any content blatantly promoting a product or service
- Opinion posts that don’t offer clear value to heart disease patients, their families and caregivers
- Any content deemed to be hateful, crude or disrespectful
- Any content that has been published elsewhere
Please submit all article files to firstname.lastname@example.org in one email, indicating the article topic in the subject line. If accepted, articles may take up to 3 months to be published on the blog.